Spring is finally here, and soon the links will be filled with the sounds of golfers yelling, “FORE”…and possibly other more colorful phrases.
Golf can be very important to many businesses, from sales meetings to golf outings. But one of the big questions is, “How do I make my corporate golf outing memorable?”
Let’s face it, your colleagues and customers could potentially attend dozens of golf outings every year. And at each event the same tried and true branded products exist. These promotional products may include:
- An embroidered polo with the event and sponsor’s logo
- An embroidered cap or visor
- Imprinted golf balls
- Imprinted golf tees
- Imprinted divot repair tool or ball marker
- And raffle items (Golf Bag, Putter, Driver, etc.)
While the above listed items are all “nice” and appreciated, they certainly have been done before. So, how can you make your outing more memorable? Try these golf tournament giveway ideas:
- Have your vendors sponsor a hole and provide a prize. The prize could be awarded for closest to the pin.
- Instead of 3 or 4 imprinted items, how about 1 or two items that have more impact/value?
- Multi-purpose drinkware for on and off the course (and for different “drink choices” throughout the day)
- Golf Umbrellas
- Small Insulated Coolers
- Decorate your golf carts with branded flags and signs
- Custom flags at the tee-box showing each sponsor, brand message, or item in your product line (If allowed by the course)
- Make the outing a buy-in “Skins” game with ½ the prize money donated to charity
- Work with a local youth center or troubled youth outreach program to provide caddies
- Encourage donations from your participants for these centers/programs
As you can see there are so many fun, rewarding, and unique ways to make your golf events more memorable. Now go FORE it!